For some events, it's more important to know how many people are coming than it is to know who is registering. Create a simple signup event with selections for people to choose when they are registering.
When you create a new event, choose Simple as the type of event, which will allow people to make multiple selections on their registration.
Treat the settings the same as a detailed event: add the description, image, location, categories, event managers, and support contact on the Event Details tab.
The public page will reflect all the information you set on the General tab.
- Set the registration to be open or closed. Enable the close/open automatically and choose the date you want registrations to be available.
- Attendees can cancel their own registration at the bottom of their registration page if you enable it.
- Attendees will receive a confirmation email once they register. The message will include all registration information, as well as any message you add. It will also link to the event, their personal details, and show who they can contact.
- If you'd like a specific email address to be notified when someone registers, enter it in the Notification List.
Create the selections a person needs to choose, as well as the appropriate capacity.
- To add more selections, click New selection.
- Change the capacity of each selection.
- Enable the Waitlist for the selection.
1. New Selection
Enter the name you want people to see when they're choosing a selection. Check the box when you're ready for people to be able to access the selection.
2. Edit Capacity
When you click Edit, you can change the number of people who can choose the selection.
Register for a Simple Signup Event
When a person registers, they will choose the number of selections they want and add contact information.
All registrations are added to the Registrations tab. If someone signed up for a waitlist, their registration is added to the Waitlist tab.
As people register, you can email them and export a CSV file of the attendees.
Click Attendance, and then choose one of the options.
If you filter the attendees, use the second option to just take attendance for the filtered attendees.
Sort the list by the information that makes the most sense, and then check the boxes next to those who attended the event.
From the Attendance report on the Registrations tab, you can see the total who attended.
Look at the Count column to see how many attended versus how many registered.