Attendee Types keep registrations separate, so you can charge a different amount or obtain different information for different attendees. When you create a new event that collects signups, the first attendee type is created for you. You can edit that attendee type and create other attendee types.
Create Additional Attendee Types
When you created the event, you had to create at least one Attendee Type. To add more, go to the Attendee Types tab and click New Attendee Type.
- Click to edit the pre-created attendee type.
- Click to create a new attendee type.
We only support USD and CAD. An Organization Administrator set the Currency when they initially set up the account.
Select the appropriate information for the new attendee type.
- Enter the price this attendee type will need to pay, not including add-ons.
Check the box to enable Partial Payments, which allows a person to make a deposit at the time of registering and finish paying their balance later.
- If you uncheck the box to not show the attendee type on Church Center, only an Event Manager or Administrator can register a person for that type.
- If people choosing this attendee type need to fit certain parameters like grade, age, gender, or stage of life, select those filters, and a person will only be able to register for the attendee type they fit in.
- Scroll down to choose which fields are Required, Optional, or Hidden.
- A person cannot complete the registration process until Required fields are filled out.
- Optional fields are listed but can be skipped during the registration process.
- Hidden fields will not show in the registration process.
When creating a child attendee type, you can hide the email address field because the person registering the child will be required to enter an email address at registration.
Click Save to add the attendee type to the event.
If an attendee chooses the wrong type at registration, an Admin can re-register them with a new type.
If an attendee type does not appear on the event registration page, check the attendee type settings. If the Show on Church Center is set to No, the attendee type can only be accessed from the Admin side; it will not appear on the public registration page.
If all attendee types are set to No, the event will appear as Not on sale.
Edit or Delete an Attendee Type
To edit or delete an attendee type, select the Attendee Type.
Make any changes to the attendee type, and then click Save to save your changes. Click Delete to completely remove the attendee type.
You cannot delete an Attendee Type unless there is no one registering for that type.
If you've reassigned the registered person to a new attendee type and are still unable to delete the Attendee Type, that means someone else has started registering with that Attendee Type. It cannot be deleted until the person with the incomplete registration deletes it.
Once you've created your attendee types, limit the number of people allowed for the event or for the specific attendee type by clicking Edit Capacities, and then entering the number in the row associated with the attendee type.
Any box left blank will allow the capacity for that attendee type to be unlimited up to the event capacity.
If capacities are reached, the public page will not allow people to register. To allow additional registrations, update the event or attendee type capacity.
Event at Capacity
If the total capacity of an event that requires payments has been reached, the event will appear as Sold Out.
Free Event at Capacity
If the total capacity of a free event has been reached, the event will appear as Full.
Attendee Type at Capacity
If an attendee type that requires payment is at capacity, that attendee type will show as Sold Out.
Free Event with Attendee Type at Capacity
If an attendee type of a free event is at capacity, that attendee type will show as Full.
If these options don't cover all the information you'd like to receive from an attendee, create additional questions for them to answer.