The Settings of an event are all the elements shown on the Church Center side of the event. Use the tabs to define the description, times, contact information, event status, and more. Make changes to your event, and it will update on the public page in real time.
From the Event Details tab, click Edit to update the description, photo, or dates and times of the event. Use the dropdowns to choose the location, visibility, campus, and category for this event. You can also manage the permissions and support contact person for the event.
Event Managers will not see the Campuses and Categories section. Only an Administrator can change the Campus or Category.
When uploading a photo to use as your event photo, we recommend using .jpg, .png, or .gif file formats and an aspect ratio of 16:9. If you don't have an event logo, you can use the Unsplash integration to find free photos for your event logo.
You can choose a physical or virtual location to add to your event, and it will show on the Event Page.
Choose to show the event on Church Center by making it published or hidden.
The Hide automatically option will be enabled by default to hide the event from your Church Center page when the event ends. If you want it to continue to show on Church Center, you can disable it.
- When set to Published, anyone can see your event from your main events page as long as registration is open.
- Hidden prevents anyone from seeing your event while you are getting it set up. Registration is not open at this visibility level.
- Direct Link allows only those with the link to the event to access it. It will not show up with other events on Church Center.
Many events take more than one person to run the event. Add Event Managers and Support Contacts to help manage the event.
- If you want a person who is not an Administrator to be able to make changes to the event, you can give them permission to be an Event Manager by typing their name in the box.
- Choose your Support Contact, the person who receives registration emails.
Specify how or if the event will show up on your Public Page, manage guest options, and add notification options. Your public page will reflect all the information you set here.
- Set the registration to be open, closed, or none. Enable the close/open automatically and choose the date you want registrations to be available.
- If you don't need to keep the information of those who are registering, or you want people to register quickly, default all registrations to the guest path.
You can also choose to allow only the guest option to show when a person registers, so they can register quickly without adding any information to your database.
- Attendees will receive a confirmation email once they register.The message will include all registration information, as well as any message you add from the Notifications tab. It will also link to the event, their personal details, and show who they can contact.
- If you'd like a specific email address to be notified when someone registers, enter it in the Notification List.
Use Markdown to format the email with bold, italics, links, and more!
Your Event Settings are ready! Finish updating the other settings, so people can register!