Event Settings define the description, times, contact information, and event status. Make changes to your event, and it will update in real time.
Check out this video to see how to use each setting then follow the steps below to make changes to your Event Settings.
Description, Photo, and Dates/Times
Event Managers will not see the Campuses and Categories section. Only an Administrator can change the Campus or Category.
When uploading a photo to use as your event logo, we recommend using .jpg, .png, or .gif file formats and a file size of 1024x768.
If you don't have an event logo, you can use the Unsplash integration to find free photos for your event logo.
Public Page, Capacity, and Contacts
Select the Settings tab to choose how many people can attend the event and specify how or if the event will show up on your Public Page.
Event capacities can be added to the event as a whole, and you can set the capacity for each attendee type individually when clicking the pencil.
- Event visibility can be set to Everyone, Link Only and Hidden.
- When set to Everyone, anyone can see your event from your main events page as long as registration is open.
- Link Only means that only those with the link can access the event, and it won't be listed on the main events page. Copy and share the link to others.
- Hidden prevents anyone from seeing your event while you are getting it set up. Registration is not open at this visibility level.
- Set the registration to be open, closed, or none.
- If it's set to open, check the box to choose a date to close registration.
- If it's set to closed, check the box to choose a date to open registration.
- If the event is set to none, all attendee options will be removed.
- Specify the number of people allowed to register.
- Some events are managed by several people, and we want you to be able to choose who handles which aspect of your event in order for communication to be streamlined. Choose your Support Contact, the person who receives registration emails, and the Event Manager, who can edit the event.
Your public page will reflect all the information you set here.
In addition, attendees will receive a confirmation email once they register. The message will include all registration information as well as any message you add from the Notifications tab.
If you'd like a specific email address to be notified when someone registers, enter it in the Notification List.
Use Markdown to format the email with bold, italics, links, and more!
The confirmation email will link to the event, their personal details, and show who they can contact.
Everything outside the orange box will appear in your attendees' confirmation email regardless of whether you add a custom message.
Your Event Settings are ready; now let's update the Attendee Settings, so people can register!