Welcome to Registrations! This article will help you set up your Registrations account by showing you how to create your first event, what it looks like to people registering, and links to learn more.
Once you're subscribed, you're ready to get started learning the application. Here are some quick overview videos for you to see how to set up and create your first event:
Before people can register for events, you have to set up your subdomain.
A subdomain may have already been set up for you from the Accounts Page. Groups and Giving both use the subdomain as well.
Once you've entered a valid subdomain, you'll be taken to a new page to Connect to Stripe and Create Your First Event.
If you're taking any payments for events, you'll have to Connect to Stripe to process those payments.
If you already have a Stripe account, click Sign in; if you don't have a Stripe account, fill out the information and choose Authorize access to this account at the end of the form.
You may already be connected to Stripe if you use GIving. This information is located on the Integrations Tab of the Accounts Page.
Now that you have Stripe set up and linked to Registrations, you're ready to create your first event!
Create First Event
Choose Create Your First Event then fill in the information in the pop-up.
- Name your event
- Choose your first Attendee Type as well as how much their registration will cost.
- Add as many Start and End Date/Times as needed.
Select submit to be taken to the event.
Finish setting up your event by filling out the information in each tab. These quick overview videos will also show you what information goes in each tab:
After you've set up your event, you can see what it will look like to those who register by choosing Event Public Page.
The public view of Registrations is going to be what your attendees will see and where they will sign up for events.
- The name and description will be in the main part of the page as well as the date(s) and time(s).
- The price breakdown as well as Add-Ons will be listed. They can choose Register Now to begin the registration process.
Once you've gone through those steps, you are ready for people to register for events! When people register the first time, their information is saved in People. In the future, instead of choosing Register Now, they can choose to log in and register for events using their profile.
If you wanna dive in a little deeper, we have created a training video that will continually be updated. It's 30 minutes long and has chapters for you to jump around easily. It also links to all of our articles throughout the video.
Get Help & Support
If you need any help as you're getting set up, we are here to help you! The best way is by clicking the question mark in the upper right when you're logged in. When you click that, you'll see this helpful dialog box.
- Type in what you're looking for. This will search our online manual and return articles on that topic.
- Click browse our documentation to be taken directly to our online manual. You'll be able to see all of our help articles and open them from there.
- Send an email to our Support Team. For the most efficient support, be sure to include specifics about what you're working with. This might include the event, the custom question, or person having problems. The more specifics you send our way, the better we can help!