Welcome to Registrations! We want to show you how to create your first event, what it looks like to people registering, and links to learn more. In addition to this guide, you can check out our Product Tour, which shows you how Services works for your church.
Once you're subscribed, you're ready to get started learning the application.
Set Up Church Center
When you launch Registrations for the first time, you'll have to set up your Church Center URL if you haven't done that before. Your Organization's URL may have already been set up from the Accounts Page. Groups and Giving both use the URL as well.
Sign In to Stripe
Once you've entered a valid URL, you'll be taken to the Registrations page to Connect to Stripe and/or Create Your First Event.
You may already be connected to Stripe if you use Giving. This information is located on the Accounts Page.
If you're taking online payments for events, click Connect to Stripe to process those payments.
Click Sign in if you already have a Stripe account. If you don't have a Stripe account, fill out the information and choose Authorize access to this account at the end of the form.
If you're not taking online payments, you can skip this step and just create your new event.
Create First Event
Click New Event, and then add information about your event when prompted. In these steps, you'll name your event, choose the primary dates for the event, and select if you want people to be able to register for the event.
Once you've created the event, it will be open for people to access on Church Center. You'll be taken to the Details tab, where you can add more information about the event.
You can add as much information to your event as you'd like. Here's a quick overview of what each tabs holds, as well as links to show you how to use them:
- The Registrations tab shows you all the attendees registered for the event and gives an overview of their registration information.
- The Payments tab shows how much people have paid as well as how much is still due.
- Assignments help you organize attendees into dorms, automobiles, or groups. Make sure each assignment area hits 100% for the most helpful results!
- Enter the description, choose the image, change the dates, campus, category, and locations from the Details.
- From the Church Center tab, choose how to show the event on Church Center, and set it to automatically open and/or close.
- If you want someone to have access to this event, list them as an Event Manager on the Permissions tab.
- When someone registers, they receive a confirmation message. From the Notifications tab, you can customize that message and list any email addresses that should receive an email when someone registers.
- You added your first Attendee Type when you set up the event, but you can change the name or add more.
- If you have any options or merchandise you want people to add to their registration, put those options in the Add-Ons tab.
- To gather information, add custom Questions.
- If you have any release forms, upload or attach them to Forms.
- Create Discounts based on the date they register, how many register at the same time, or by giving out a code.
- Add Scholarships and apply them to attendees after they've registered.
After you've set up your event, you can see what it will look like to those who register by choosing View on Church Center.
The public view of Registrations is what your attendees will see and where they will sign up for events.
- The name, date(s), and time(s) will be the most prominent part of the event page, along with the event image.
- They can choose Register Now to begin the registration process.
- The event description and price breakdown are listed.
Once you've set up your event, you are ready for people to register! When people register the first time, their information is saved in People. In the future, instead of choosing Register Now, they can choose to Log in and register for events using their profile.
If you wanna dive in a little deeper into Registrations, we have created a training video that will continually be updated. It's 30 minutes long and has chapters for you to jump around easily. It also links to all of our articles throughout the video.
Get Help & Support
If you need any help as you're getting set up, we are here to help you! The best way is by clicking the question mark in the upper right when you're logged in. When you click that, you'll see this helpful dialog box.
- Suggested articles will give suggestions based on the page you're on when you click the question mark.
- Type in what you're looking for. This will search our online manual and return articles on that topic.
- Click browse our documentation to be taken directly to our online manual. You'll be able to see all of our help articles and open them from there.
- Send an email to our Support Team. For the most efficient support, be sure to include specifics about what you're working with. This might include the event, the custom question, or person having problems. The more specifics you send our way, the better we can help!