This integration allows you to create a Check-Ins event through Registrations. It syncs the two events and can check in any person who has registered and/or been assigned to a specific location. This also exposes any Registrations messages, such as Payment Due and Missing Forms inside a Check-Ins roster station.
Checkistrations starts on the Registrations side. After creating an event, you will see the Check In button on the Registrations tab of the event.
To use this functionality you must be an Admin in Registrations and an Editor in Check-Ins. If you have those permission levels, you'll see an option at the top of your Registrations Event to check in.
- Check people into the entire event which won't create any locations in check-Ins.
- Check people into their assignment, which creates an event in Check-Ins that syncs the Registration assignments with Check-Ins locations.
Choosing either option will take you to a syncing page that'll start creating your event in Check-Ins. Once the sync is complete, you'll automatically be sent to the created Roster Station.
You must set up assignments before seeing the second option. You won't have to assign every person first; just make sure you create the assignments.
Once the event is created in Check-Ins, the event has different settings from other events.
- No labels will print by default because most Registrations events won't need labels. However, you can add labels to the event in Check-Ins.
- Registration Events are a bit more limited than Check-Ins Events: there are no times, no headcounts, and you can't add check-ins to the past.
- When your event is over, archive the event in Registrations. This will automatically archive the Check-Ins event as well. If you unarchive either event, they will no longer be synced and connected to each other.
All the alerts you may see in Registrations will be shown in Check-Ins. So, if there's an alert, you'll see it pop up before you confirm the check in.
Any filters used for assignments in Registrations are synced over to Check-Ins. These filters cannot be edited inside of Check-Ins because they're always synced from Registrations. If you need to change them, you'll need to do it in Registrations.
However, you do have access to some Check-Ins filters that don't exist in Registrations such as the adult/child fitler and the ratio filter.
There are three different types of people who might check in, and we handle each scenario a little bit differently:
- Registered and Assigned people will automatically be synced and suggested to the location that they were assigned to in Registrations.
- Registered and Not Assigned people will be suggested the best location that matches the filters on the assignment. An alert will notify you they are not assigned and will be taking up one of those capacity spots.
- Not Registered people will be suggested the best location that matches the filters on the assignment. An alert will notify you they are not assigned and will be taking up one of those capacity spots. In addition, these people will automatically be set as guests, so you can print a guest list report later and follow up with them to register. If you're using labels, you can also choose to print different labels for guests to help pinpoint those who aren't registered.
Checking in does not automatically register someone for the event. In order to not be seen as a guest, the person will need to register before checking in.
To check in, we'll either change your current station to a Registrations Station, or, if you haven't created a station for the device, we'll create a station called, Roster for [Registration Event Name]: [Assignment Name].
In most cases, a Registrations Event will only last one day. However, if you want to check people in over and over again among multiple days, such as with Vacation Bible School, you'll need to go to the Event in Check-Ins and Start a new session.
Any events using Checkistrations will be added to the bottom of the Check-Ins Events list and noted by the Registrations icon: