Create a Check-Ins event out of a detailed Registrations event. The integration syncs the two events, which allows you to check in any person who has registered and print name tags.
This integration is not available for simple Registration events, since individual attendees are not registering for the Registrations event.
Watch the video to see how the integration works or follow the steps below to set it up.
1. Create Registrations Event
2. Create Check-Ins Event from Registrations
Once your assignments are set up and people are assigned to them, choose Check In from the Actions dropdown.
If you run Check-Ins from the Registrations tab instead of Assignments, two options will show for you to use with Check-Ins, and both create a new event.
- The option with just the name of the event will not auto-create any locations in the Check-Ins event, which means attendees can check in, regardless of their assignment type. When checking in, a station will ignore any assignments.
- The option with the name and assignment area name ([Event Name]: [Assignment Area Name]) auto-creates Check-Ins locations out of the Registrations event's assignment areas. Self stations will only allow the user to check-in to their assigned area.
If you have multiple assignment types, you will need to create multiple Check-Ins events.
You'll be given the option to go to the Check-Ins event to make changes to the settings or go to a station to start checking people in.
Registration Events have different settings from regular Check-Ins events:
- By default, labels are not added to the event. However, you can add labels to the event in Check-Ins.
- The event does not show on Church Center, but you can change the Visibility in the Event Settings.
- Checkistration Events have no times, frequency, custom headcounts, or Services integration.
- When you archive the event in Registrations, the Check-Ins event will automatically be archived as well.
- Stations behave differently:
- Roster stations show a list of those registered.
- You cannot add One Time Guests or new households.
- The search reflects the registration group before the household.
To make changes to these settings, go to the event instead of going live.
If you choose to go to the event, you can update the settings, add labels, or adjust filters for checking in.
Update the Settings
Click the gear to go to the event settings.
- If you want people to check in to the event using their Church Center app, check the box to Show in Church Center.
- Create an announcement people can see when checking in at a Self Station.
- Require background checks for all Volunteers checking into the event, regardless of their location.
Here are some tips for using labels for your Registrations event.
- Include any Add-Ons.
- Show the Attendee Type.
- Add the event logo.
Any filters used for assignments in Registrations are synced over to Check-Ins. These filters cannot be edited inside of Check-Ins. If you need to change them, you'll need to do it in Registrations.
However, you do have access to some Check-Ins filters that don't exist in Registrations, such as the adult/child fitler and the ratio filter.
If you choose to go live with the event, you will be taken to the Check-Ins app to start checking in people at a Roster Station. If you don't have it installed on your computer, you can do that here!
If your station is locked to an event, you'll need to manually change the station from the Station Settings.
Check In Attendees
As attendees check in, the station will reflect what's happening on the Registrations side, from alerts, statuses, and emergency contacts.
All the alerts you may see in Registrations will be shown in Check-Ins. So, if there's an alert, you'll see it pop up before you confirm the check in.
There are three different types of people who might check in, and we handle each scenario a little bit differently:
Registered and Assigned people will automatically be synced and suggested to the location that they were assigned to in Registrations.
They can check in on any station.
Registered and Not Assigned people will be suggested the best location that matches the filters on the assignment. An alert will notify you they are not assigned and will be taking up one of those capacity spots.
They can only check in on Roster or Manned Stations.
Not Registered people will be suggested the best location that matches the filters on the assignment. An alert will notify you they are not assigned and will be taking up one of those capacity spots. In addition, these people will automatically be set as guests, so you can print a guest list report later and follow up with them to register. If you're using labels, you can also choose to print different labels for guests to help pinpoint those who aren't registered.
They can only check in at a Manned Station.
Checking in does not automatically register someone for the event. In order to not be seen as a guest, the person will need to register before checking in.
Emergency Contact Issues
The Emergency Contact is a field Check-Ins can use for checking people in. The emergency contact will show up as a Checked In By option when the child is being checked in.
Although the dropdown doesn't show the name of the Emergency Contact, the Registrations Guest List and Check-Ins label will show the name of the Emergency Contact.
If you're checking in a group and Emergency Contact is selected as the Checked In By person, each individual's Emergency Contact will be listed on their label. If an attendee didn't list an Emergency Contact when they registered, their label will not have a Checked In By person listed on it. To add a Checked In By person, check in that child separately.
When you choose Emergency Contact as the Checked-In By person, that person will be listed on the Event Check-Ins page.
The Emergency Contact will not be shown as an option to check out the child, so if the Emergency Contact is the one checking out the child, choose no one, and the Emergency Contact will be listed as the Checked Out By Person.
If you need to make changes to the Emergency Contact, you can only do that on the registration itself; the Emergency Contact cannot be updated in Check-Ins.
Add Another Session
In most cases, a Registrations Event will only last one day. However, if you want to check people in over multiple days, such as with Vacation Bible School, you'll need to go to the Event in Check-Ins and Start a new session each day.
Any events using Checkistrations will be added to the bottom of the Check-Ins Events list and noted by the Registrations icon: