This integration allows you to create a Check-Ins event through Registrations. It syncs the two events and can check in any person who has registered and/or been assigned to a specific assignment. This also allows you to print name tags, and it exposes any Registrations messages, such as Payment Due, Unanswered Questions, Missing Personal Information, and Missing Forms as an alert inside Check-Ins.
This integration starts on the Registrations side. After creating an event, you will see the Check In button on the Registrations tab of the event.
To use this functionality you must be an Admin in Registrations and an Editor in Check-Ins. If you have those permission levels, you'll see an option at the top of your Registrations Event to check in.
You must set up assignments and assign a person to it before seeing the second option.
Only create one new Check-Ins event for the best reporting information. If you need to report on separate groups, you can create more than one Check-Ins event.
When you select the event, you'll be given the option of what kind of station to use.
- A Roster Station gives a list of all individuals registered, organized by assignments, if applicable.
- A Manned Station allows you to search by an entire registration group and will allow check-ins regardless of the registration status.
- A Self Station only allows attendees with completed registrations to check in.
Once you choose, select "Launch Station "and you'll be directed to that station in the Check-Ins app.
We'll automatically lock your current station to the Registration Event. If you haven't created a station for the device, we'll create a station called, "Station for [Registration Event Name]: [Assignment Name]."
All Registration Events have different settings from regular Check-Ins events.
- No labels will print by default because most Registrations events won't need labels. However, you can add labels to the event in Check-Ins.
- Registration Events have no times, no headcounts, and no ability to link with Planning Center Services.
- When your event is over, archive the event in Registrations, which will automatically archive the Check-Ins event as well. If you unarchive either event, they will no longer be connected to each other.
Any filters used for assignments in Registrations are synced over to Check-Ins. These filters cannot be edited inside of Check-Ins because they're always synced from Registrations. If you need to change them, you'll need to do it in Registrations.
However, you do have access to some Check-Ins filters that don't exist in Registrations such as the adult/child fitler and the ratio filter.
All the alerts you may see in Registrations will be shown in Check-Ins. So, if there's an alert, you'll see it pop up before you confirm the check in.
There are three different types of people who might check in, and we handle each scenario a little bit differently:
- Registered and Assigned people will automatically be synced and suggested to the location that they were assigned to in Registrations.
- Registered and Not Assigned people will be suggested the best location that matches the filters on the assignment. An alert will notify you they are not assigned and will be taking up one of those capacity spots.
- Not Registered people will be suggested the best location that matches the filters on the assignment. An alert will notify you they are not assigned and will be taking up one of those capacity spots. In addition, these people will automatically be set as guests, so you can print a guest list report later and follow up with them to register. If you're using labels, you can also choose to print different labels for guests to help pinpoint those who aren't registered.
Checking in does not automatically register someone for the event. In order to not be seen as a guest, the person will need to register before checking in.
In most cases, a Registrations Event will only last one day. However, if you want to check people in over and over again among multiple days, such as with Vacation Bible School, you'll need to go to the Event in Check-Ins and Start a new session each day.
Any events using Checkistrations will be added to the bottom of the Check-Ins Events list and noted by the Registrations icon:
If you see more than one event with the same name, you will have different reporting options for the two events. Ensure you want to use two different events before running Check-Ins on your stations. If you only want one event, delete the event you don't want people to check in to, and go back to Registrations to check in at an existing event.
Emergency Contact Issues
The Emergency Contact is a field Check-Ins can use for checking people in. The emergency contact will show up as a Checked In By option when the child is being checked in.
Although the dropdown doesn't show the name of the Emergency Contact, the Registrations Guest List and Check-Ins label will show the name of the Emergency Contact.
If you're checking in a group and Emergency Contact is selected as the Checked In By person, each individual's Emergency Contact will be listed on their label. If an attendee didn't list an Emergency Contact when they registered, their label will not have a Checked In By person listed on it. To add a Checked In By person, check in that child separately.
When you choose Emergency Contact as the Checked-In By person, that person will be listed on the Event Check-Ins page.
The Emergency Contact will not be shown as an option to check out the child, so if the Emergency Contact is the one checking out the child, choose no one, and the Emergency Contact will be listed as the Checked Out By Person.
If you need to make changes to the Emergency Contact, you can only do that on the registration itself; the Emergency Contact cannot be updated in Check-Ins.